· Next Sunday Bible Study: "In the Beginning, God" After our study of Philemon we will begin a study of Creation, from God's Perspective. To aid us in this study we will be reading the book "In the Beginning, God" by Prof. Joel Heck from Concordia University, Austin. Pastor has purchased 10 copies of the book. They are available for $5 each. You can find a payment envelope in the table in the Narthex. Please read ahead to prepare for discussion.
· Wednesday Bible Study: “Religious Bodies in America” Our study will be a comparison of Church Bodies in America beginning with the standard “Lutheranism”. Each week the class will have a say as to which Church Body we study the next week.
· KFUO Radio, a media ministry extension of LCMS congregations, shares Christ for you anytime, anywhere on KFUO.org via worship services, Bible and theology studies, practical talk programs, and sacred music. You can find programs on demand at kfuo.org and wherever you get your podcasts! Find us on social: @KFUOradio on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. This week on KFUO.org, begin a new mini-series on Sharper Iron in Amos titled "The Day Is Surely Drawing Near" (weekdays at 8:00 a.m. CT), study Isaiah 21-25 on Thy Strong Word (weekdays at 11:00 a.m. CT), and hear about a mental health topic on Mental Health Mondays on The Coffee Hour (10/14 at 9:00 a.m. CT). Find your favorite podcasts, including the new Lutheran Ladies' Lounge, at kfuo.org or on your podcast app! Listen to Worldwide KFUO AM850, your radio station for practical Lutheran talk, daily Bible and Confession studies, daily worship opportunities, and current issues from a Lutheran worldview. All programs are archived at KFUO.org for 24/7 on-demand listening. You can also find our programming wherever you get your podcasts! Have a question or comment? Find us at @KFUOradio on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
· Life Quote: We cannot claim to see God by His Word, to be followers and to not speak out against the hatred towards His creation that exists today. ‘Pro-choice’ is sitting in God’s throne and making decisions that only He should make. Euthanasia is also the same.” Rev. Perry Hart, guest speaker on “The Lutheran Hour” – A Life Quote from Lutherans For Life • www.lutheransforlife.org
· The Minnesota North branch of Orphan Grain Train has sent one semi–load of potatoes a supplier/donor near Long Prairie. This load was 41,800 pounds. The potatoes have been shipped to Ysleta Mission at El Paso, Texas. Distribution is done at the mission for those in need through churches in Texas and Mexico. Ysleta Mission helps feed the hungry, nurtures their ministries, and educate the leaders in 11 affiliated mission sites in El Paso northern Mexico. The cost for the slow to potatoes was $2508 and the shipping cost will be about $3450. Please prayerfully consider doing a Congregational fundraiser Sunday 10/11/2019 Sun. Announce🗓 (6) - Remember The Milk https://www.rememberthemilk.com/app/#list/44336915 2/2 collection for these costs. (Matthew 25:35 – 40). Without funds, the branch will not be able to ship these donations. Your gift is greatly appreciated it can be sent to Orphan Grain Train, PO Box 61, Morris, MN, 56267. Make check payable to Orphan Grain Train. God's blessings! Please leave memo space on check blank or right (shipping). Any other words makes it designated money for that item on. Gene Pasche, chairman, Minnesota North Branch Orphan Grain.