· The Lord’s Supper is celebrated at this congregation in the confession and glad confidence that, as he says, our Lord gives into our mouths not only bread and wine but his very body and blood to eat and to drink for the forgiveness of sins and to strengthen our union with him and with one another. Our Lord invites to his table those who trust his words, repent of all sin, and set aside any refusal to forgive and love as he forgives and loves us, that they may show forth his death until he comes. Because those who eat and drink our Lord’s body and blood unworthily do so to their great harm and because Holy Communion is a confession of the faith which is confessed at this altar, any who are not yet instructed, in doubt, or who hold a confession differing from that of this congregation and The Lutheran Church— Missouri Synod, and yet desire to receive the sacrament, are asked first to speak with the pastor or an usher. For further study, see Matthew 5:23f.; 10:32f.; 18:15-35; 26:26- 29; 1 Cor. 34.
· The Quarterly Voter's Meeting for Life in Christ Lutheran Church will be October 9 at 6:30pm. Please plan to attend.
· Coming Soon! Sunday Bible Study: "In the Beginning, God" After our study of Philemon we will begin a study of Creation, from God's Perspective. To aid us in this study we will be reading the book "In the Beginning, God" by Prof. Joel Heck from Concordia University, Austin. Pastor has purchased 10 copies of the book. They are available for $5 each. You can find a payment envelope in the table in the Narthex. Please read ahead to prepare for discussion.
· Pastor Watt's Sermons are available online. Go to https://sermons.wattswhat.net or the churches web page lcmsgrandmaraismn.org and click on "Sermons".
· Pastor Watt's Winter (Sept-May) Office Hours Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday 10am - 2pm. Or call, text email for an appointment for an appointment: 515-462-0566 Pastor@WattsWhat.net
· Please sign up for Life in Christ Notifications on Remind.com you will receive important messages about classes, worship services, etc. Set the browser on your phone to remind.com/join/7463h3k
· MAIN STREET LIVING NORTHLAND LCMS SERVICE OF WORSHIP televised by KBJR Channel 6. "MAIN STREET LIVING NORTHLAND" is a locally produced TV program that includes a 30 minute worship service led by participating pastors of the Minnesota North District of our LCMS, along with a 30 minute remastered “This the Life" program from the Lutheran Hour. It is broadcast every Sunday at 9:30 a.m. Central time on KBJR Channel 6 NBC and cable and satellite systems carrying these stations, and archived on Your support of this ministry with your prayers and contributions are greatly appreciated. Please send your contributions and/or comments to Main Street Living c/o Mt. Olive Lutheran Church, 2012 East Superior Street, Duluth, MN 55812. This week’s pastor is John Bonk from Shepherd of the Lake in Two Harbors. His message is titled, “Mustard Seed Faith.”
· The Minnesota North branch of Orphan Grain Train has sent one semi–load of potatoes a supplier/donor near Long Prairie. This load was 41,800 pounds. The potatoes have been shipped to Ysleta Mission at El Paso, Texas. Distribution is done at the mission for those in need through churches in Texas and Mexico. Ysleta Mission helps feed the hungry, nurtures their ministries, and educate the leaders in 11 affiliated mission sites in El Paso northern Mexico. The cost for the slow to potatoes was $2508 and the shipping cost will be about $3450. Without funds, the branch will not be able to ship these donations. Your gift is greatly appreciated it can be sent to Orphan Grain Train, PO Box 61, Morris, MN, 56267. Make check payable to Orphan Grain Train. God's blessings! Please leave memo space on check blank or right (shipping). Any other words makes it designated money for that item on. Gene Pasche, chairman, Minnesota North Branch Orphan Grain.