Sun Sep 29 9am Divine Service—Grand Marais
10:30am Adult Bible Class
Wed Oct 1 5:30pm Confirmation Class
6:30pm Bible Class
Sun Oct 6 9am Divine Service—Grand Marais
10:30am Adult Bible Class
· CPH Bible Sale: Save up to 33% on new & popular bibles and companion books. Ends 9/30/2019. See Pastor Watt for details.
· Please fill out the Prayer request form to request prayers for Sunday Morning
· Coming Soon! Sunday Bible Study: "In the Beginning, God" After our study of Philemon we will begin a study of Creation, from God's Perspective. To aid us in this study we will be reading the book "In the Beginning, God" by Prof. Joel Heck from Concordia University, Austin. Pastor has purchased 10 copies of the book. They are available for $5 each. You can find a payment envelope in the table in the Narthex. Please read ahead to prepare for discussion.
· Main Street Living is a Lutheran Television program that is endorsed by the Minnesota North District of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. The program receives no funding from the District, but is totally funded by viewers and congregations of the KBJRChannel 6 Viewing area. The program is broadcast on KBJR-Channel 6, the CBS network affiliate in Duluth on Sunday morning, starting at 9:30 AM. The first 30 minutes are remastered episodes of the popular “This is the Life” series that was very popular in the 70’s and 80’s. The second half of the program is a modified Lutheran worship service that features a different Pastor each week, from the station’s broadcast area.
· This is The Life TV Schedule - This is the Life Sept 1-”Run Away”-Away we go, back to where we started from? Sept 29-”Sharing the Gospel”-Sharing the Gospel is neither swift or easy, but truly rewarding in the end.
· The Minnesota North branch of Orphan Grain Train has sent one semi–load of potatoes a supplier/donor near Long Prairie. This load was 41,800 pounds. The potatoes have been shipped to Ysleta Mission at El Paso, Texas. Distribution is done at the mission for those in need through churches in Texas and Mexico. Ysleta Mission helps feed the hungry, nurtures their ministries, and educate the leaders in 11 affiliated mission sites in El Paso northern Mexico. The cost for the slow to potatoes was $2508 and the shipping cost will be about $3450. Please prayerfully consider doing a Congregational fundraiser collection for these costs. (Matthew 25:35 – 40). Without funds, the branch will not be able to ship these donations. Your gift is greatly appreciated it can be sent to Orphan Grain Train, PO Box 61, Morris, MN, 56267. Make check payable to Orphan Grain Train. God's blessings! Please leave memo space on check blank or right (shipping). Any other words makes it designated money for that item on. Gene Pasche, chairman, Minnesota North Branch Orphan Grain.